FMC has partnered with Envision to continue it’s civic education mission. The program has a series of bipartisan pairs of former Members speak to groups of 250-300 middles school students visiting Washington, DC about Congress and their experience as Members of Congress.
- June 15: Jason Altmire (D- PA, 2007-2013) and Ann Marie Buerkle (R-NY, 2011-2013 )
- June 21: Dan Maffei (D-NY, 2009-2011, 2013-2015) and Nancy Johnson (R-CT, 1983-2007)
- June 22: Chet Edwards (D-TX, 1991-2011) and Dan Burton (R-IN, 1983-2014)
- June 28: Martin Frost (D-TX, 1979-2005) and Michael Flanagan (R-IL, 1995-1997)
- June 29: Martin Frost (D-TX, 1979-2005) and Michael Flanagan (R-IL, 1995-1997)
- July 13: Karen Thurman (D-FL, 1993-2003) and Bob Walker (R-PA, 1977-1997)
- July 20: TBA
- July 26: TBA
- July 27: TBA
- August 2: TBA
- August 3: TBA
- August 10: TBA
After many years of partnering with the People to People Ambassadors Programs to more actively engage former Members with America’s youth (grades 5-12) People to People closed it’s doors at the end of 2015. Former Members had held discussions with students about their own leadership roles in our nation’s Congress, as well as broader themes of being an effective leader. Together, students and former Members discuss personal setbacks, triumphs, and stories to better prepare the leaders of the near future.
The FMC partners with National Young Leaders Conference to more actively engage former Members with America’s youth (grades 9-12). Former Members speak to a group of high school students visiting Washington to learn firsthand how government works.
Please email Sharon West Witiw firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating!