The Congressional Study Groups
The Congressional Study Groups are independent, non-partisan international legislative exchange committed to increasing bilateral and multilateral dialogue with the United States’ strategic allies. Each Study Group is chaired by a bipartisan pair of Members of Congress, and our membership rosters in the 112th Congress ranged from 48 Members participating in our newest Study Group (Europe, founded 2012) to 118 Members in our oldest (Germany, founded 1983).
Want to receive short weekly updates about our programming? Stay InFormed with “InBrief: The Congressional Study Groups.” Click here to subscribe.
The Congressional Study Group on Germany is the flagship international program of FMC and is one of the largest and most active parliamentary exchange programs between the U.S. Congress and the legislative branch of another country. Learn more.
The Congressional Study Group on Japan is a congressional forum for the sustained study of the major issues affecting U.S.-Japan relations, and focuses on increasing opportunities for Members of Congress to meet with their counterparts in the Japanese Diet for frank discussions about key subjects of mutual concern.
The Congressional Study Group on Turkey is an educational forum for dialogue between U.S. and Turkish legislators and government officials that seeks to educate U.S. Members of Congress about the strategic relationship between the United States and Turkey and to engender increased cooperation between these two countries.
The Congressional Study Group on Europe is the Association’s newest international program. Together with the Diplomatic Advisory Council, an informal group of Ambassadors who serve as direct links to our strategic partners abroad, the Congressional Study Group on Europe expands the Association’s programmatic portfolio to address all issues pertinent to the greater transatlantic community.
Congressional Study Groups Events
- May 6th, 2017 CSGG: 5/6-5/12 – Sr. Congressional Staff Study Tour to Berlin and Düsseldorf
- March 17th, 2017 CSGG: 2017 District Directors Study Tour (March 17-23, 2017 | Stuttgart, Germany)
- February 28th, 2017 CSGG: Feb 28 – Welcoming the 115th Congress with German Ambassador Peter Wittig
- February 18th, 2017 CSGJ: 2/18-25 – 4th Annual Congressional Member Study Tour to Japan (Tokyo and Nagoya)
- February 8th, 2017 “I want to say this” — a conversation about change: His Excellency Kenichrio Sasae, Ambassador of Japan to the United States
- February 6th, 2017 CSGJ: Feb 6 – Welcoming the 115th Congress with Japanese Ambassador Kenichiro Sasae
- January 31st, 2017 CSG: Jan 31 – Democrats and the 115th Congress: Priorities for the Minority
- December 31st, 2016 InReview: The Congressional Study Groups in the 114th Congress
- December 8th, 2016 CSG: 12/8 – Friends of The Congressional Study Groups Appreciation Reception
- December 7th, 2016 CSG: 12/7 – 2017 GOP Priorities at Home and Abroad