The Congressional Study Groups
The Congressional Study Groups are independent, non-partisan international legislative exchange committed to increasing bilateral and multilateral dialogue with the United States’ strategic allies. Each Study Group is chaired by a bipartisan pair of Members of Congress, and our membership rosters in the 112th Congress ranged from 48 Members participating in our newest Study Group (Europe, founded 2012) to 118 Members in our oldest (Germany, founded 1983).
Want to receive short weekly updates about our programming? Stay InFormed with “InBrief: The Congressional Study Groups.” Click here to subscribe.
The Congressional Study Group on Germany is the flagship international program of FMC and is one of the largest and most active parliamentary exchange programs between the U.S. Congress and the legislative branch of another country. Learn more.
The Congressional Study Group on Japan is a congressional forum for the sustained study of the major issues affecting U.S.-Japan relations, and focuses on increasing opportunities for Members of Congress to meet with their counterparts in the Japanese Diet for frank discussions about key subjects of mutual concern.
The Congressional Study Group on Turkey is an educational forum for dialogue between U.S. and Turkish legislators and government officials that seeks to educate U.S. Members of Congress about the strategic relationship between the United States and Turkey and to engender increased cooperation between these two countries.
The Congressional Study Group on Europe is the Association’s newest international program. Together with the Diplomatic Advisory Council, an informal group of Ambassadors who serve as direct links to our strategic partners abroad, the Congressional Study Group on Europe expands the Association’s programmatic portfolio to address all issues pertinent to the greater transatlantic community.
Congressional Study Groups Events
- June 1st, 2015 Photos from the 32nd Annual Congress-Bundestag Seminar
- May 22nd, 2015 CSGJ: May 22-30, 2015 – Sr. Congressional Staff Study Tour to Japan
- May 6th, 2015 CSGJ: May 14, 2015 – “The Road Ahead: Examining Current U.S. Trade Negotiations” Featuring Acting Deputy USTR Wendy Cutler
- May 4th, 2015 CSGG: A Transatlantic Town Hall (Security Cooperation, Energy Policy, and Trade)
- May 2nd, 2015 CSGG: May 2-8: 32nd Annual Congress-Bundestag Seminar (Berlin, Leipzig, and Dresden)
- April 24th, 2015 CSGJ: April 24, 2015 – What Americans and Japanese Think of Each Other and How Japan Impacts Your District
- April 14th, 2015 CSGG: April 14th-“TTIP: Government-Business Dialogue across the Atlantic”
- March 26th, 2015 CSGT: March 26th – “A Discussion with H.E. Mr. Cemil Çiçek, Speaker of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey”
- March 24th, 2015 CSGE: March 24th-“The United Kingdom-United States Economic Relationship and the Eurozone Crisis”
- March 7th, 2015 CSGG: 3/7-3/13 – Sr. Congressional Staff Study Tour to Berlin and Hamburg