The Congressional Study Groups
The Congressional Study Groups are independent, non-partisan international legislative exchange committed to increasing bilateral and multilateral dialogue with the United States’ strategic allies. Each Study Group is chaired by a bipartisan pair of Members of Congress, and our membership rosters in the 112th Congress ranged from 48 Members participating in our newest Study Group (Europe, founded 2012) to 118 Members in our oldest (Germany, founded 1983).
Want to receive short weekly updates about our programming? Stay InFormed with “InBrief: The Congressional Study Groups.” Click here to subscribe.
The Congressional Study Group on Germany is the flagship international program of FMC and is one of the largest and most active parliamentary exchange programs between the U.S. Congress and the legislative branch of another country. Learn more.
The Congressional Study Group on Japan is a congressional forum for the sustained study of the major issues affecting U.S.-Japan relations, and focuses on increasing opportunities for Members of Congress to meet with their counterparts in the Japanese Diet for frank discussions about key subjects of mutual concern.
The Congressional Study Group on Turkey is an educational forum for dialogue between U.S. and Turkish legislators and government officials that seeks to educate U.S. Members of Congress about the strategic relationship between the United States and Turkey and to engender increased cooperation between these two countries.
The Congressional Study Group on Europe is the Association’s newest international program. Together with the Diplomatic Advisory Council, an informal group of Ambassadors who serve as direct links to our strategic partners abroad, the Congressional Study Group on Europe expands the Association’s programmatic portfolio to address all issues pertinent to the greater transatlantic community.
Congressional Study Groups Events
- October 16th, 2014 CSGJ: Oct. 16 – Essay Book Launch Event and Panel Discussion
- October 11th, 2014 CSGG: Oct. 11-17 – Sr. Congressional Staff Study Tour to Berlin and Brussels (Senate)
- October 9th, 2014 Stay InFormed with “InBrief: The Congressional Study Groups”
- September 22nd, 2014 Pictures from the 31st Annual Congress-Bundestag Seminar
- September 18th, 2014 CSGG: 9/18 – A Conversation with Dr. Jason Furman
- September 16th, 2014 CSGG: 9/16 – Public Forum: “The United States and Germany in 2014: Best Friends or Just Allies?”
- September 15th, 2014 CSGG: 9/15 – Public Forum: “A Transatlantic Town Hall: Regional Security Cooperation, Energy Policy, and Trade”
- September 13th, 2014 CSGG: Sept. 13-19: 31st Annual Congress-Bundestag Seminar (PA-15 and Washington, DC)
- September 2nd, 2014 Photos: August 2014 Sr. Congressional Staff Study Tour to Germany
- August 23rd, 2014 CSGG: Aug. 23-29 – Sr. Congressional Staff Study Tour to Berlin and Dresden (House)