The Congressional Study Groups
The Congressional Study Groups are independent, non-partisan international legislative exchange committed to increasing bilateral and multilateral dialogue with the United States’ strategic allies. Each Study Group is chaired by a bipartisan pair of Members of Congress, and our membership rosters in the 112th Congress ranged from 48 Members participating in our newest Study Group (Europe, founded 2012) to 118 Members in our oldest (Germany, founded 1983).
Want to receive short weekly updates about our programming? Stay InFormed with “InBrief: The Congressional Study Groups.” Click here to subscribe.
The Congressional Study Group on Germany is the flagship international program of FMC and is one of the largest and most active parliamentary exchange programs between the U.S. Congress and the legislative branch of another country. Learn more.
The Congressional Study Group on Japan is a congressional forum for the sustained study of the major issues affecting U.S.-Japan relations, and focuses on increasing opportunities for Members of Congress to meet with their counterparts in the Japanese Diet for frank discussions about key subjects of mutual concern.
The Congressional Study Group on Turkey is an educational forum for dialogue between U.S. and Turkish legislators and government officials that seeks to educate U.S. Members of Congress about the strategic relationship between the United States and Turkey and to engender increased cooperation between these two countries.
The Congressional Study Group on Europe is the Association’s newest international program. Together with the Diplomatic Advisory Council, an informal group of Ambassadors who serve as direct links to our strategic partners abroad, the Congressional Study Group on Europe expands the Association’s programmatic portfolio to address all issues pertinent to the greater transatlantic community.
Congressional Study Groups Events
- September 18th, 2015 CSGG: 9/18 – Congressional Briefing for German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP)
- July 31st, 2015 German-American Trade Quarterly: “U.S. and the E.U. Set the Standards for Global Trade – Interview with Congressman Charlie Dent, Chairman of The Congressional Study Group on Germany”
- July 22nd, 2015 July 22: “The U.S.-China Relationship on the Eve of President Xi Jinping’s State Visit”
- July 9th, 2015 CSGE: 7/9 – The “European Neighborhood Policy” and Ukraine: US-German Approaches to Putin
- July 8th, 2015 CSGG: 7/8 – U.S.-German Cooperation in Workforce Training
- June 25th, 2015 Deutschland.de interviews CSGG Co-Chairman Rep. Ted Deutch
- June 17th, 2015 CSGG Co-Chair Talks Transatlantic Relationship at House Subcommittee Hearing
- June 11th, 2015 CSGT: 6/11 – Turkey Back from the Polls: What Do the Results Tell Us About Our Ally?
- June 10th, 2015 Support for The Congressional Study Group on Germany from President of German Bundestag
- June 10th, 2015 CSGG: 6/10 – GMF’s Dr. Karen Donfried Talks “The Future of German-American Relations”