The Congressional Study Groups
The Congressional Study Groups are independent, non-partisan international legislative exchange committed to increasing bilateral and multilateral dialogue with the United States’ strategic allies. Each Study Group is chaired by a bipartisan pair of Members of Congress, and our membership rosters in the 112th Congress ranged from 48 Members participating in our newest Study Group (Europe, founded 2012) to 118 Members in our oldest (Germany, founded 1983).
Want to receive short weekly updates about our programming? Stay InFormed with “InBrief: The Congressional Study Groups.” Click here to subscribe.
The Congressional Study Group on Germany is the flagship international program of FMC and is one of the largest and most active parliamentary exchange programs between the U.S. Congress and the legislative branch of another country. Learn more.
The Congressional Study Group on Japan is a congressional forum for the sustained study of the major issues affecting U.S.-Japan relations, and focuses on increasing opportunities for Members of Congress to meet with their counterparts in the Japanese Diet for frank discussions about key subjects of mutual concern.
The Congressional Study Group on Turkey is an educational forum for dialogue between U.S. and Turkish legislators and government officials that seeks to educate U.S. Members of Congress about the strategic relationship between the United States and Turkey and to engender increased cooperation between these two countries.
The Congressional Study Group on Europe is the Association’s newest international program. Together with the Diplomatic Advisory Council, an informal group of Ambassadors who serve as direct links to our strategic partners abroad, the Congressional Study Group on Europe expands the Association’s programmatic portfolio to address all issues pertinent to the greater transatlantic community.
Congressional Study Groups Events
- October 18th, 2016 CSGT: 10/19-10/22 – 2016 Battleground Study Tour
- October 9th, 2016 CSGG: 10/9-10/13 – 2016 Battleground Study Tour
- September 15th, 2016 CSG: 9/15 – The Democratic Party 2016 and Beyond
- September 1st, 2016 CSGT: 9/1 – Turkey Post-Coup
- August 4th, 2016 CSGJ/FMC: 8/4 Post-Conventions Press Roundtable
- July 1st, 2016 Photos from the 2016 District Director Study Tour (Hamburg, Germany)
- June 30th, 2016 InProfile: Paige Cottingham-Streater, Executive Director, Japan-US Friendship Commission
- June 16th, 2016 CSG: 6/16 – The GOP 2016 and Beyond
- June 10th, 2016 CSGG: 2016 District Director Study Tour (June 10-16, 2016 | Hamburg, Germany)
- June 8th, 2016 CSGE: 6/8 – One Month to Warsaw: 2016 NATO Summit Preview