The Congressional Study Groups
The Congressional Study Groups are independent, non-partisan international legislative exchange committed to increasing bilateral and multilateral dialogue with the United States’ strategic allies. Each Study Group is chaired by a bipartisan pair of Members of Congress, and our membership rosters in the 112th Congress ranged from 48 Members participating in our newest Study Group (Europe, founded 2012) to 118 Members in our oldest (Germany, founded 1983).
Want to receive short weekly updates about our programming? Stay InFormed with “InBrief: The Congressional Study Groups.” Click here to subscribe.
The Congressional Study Group on Germany is the flagship international program of FMC and is one of the largest and most active parliamentary exchange programs between the U.S. Congress and the legislative branch of another country. Learn more.
The Congressional Study Group on Japan is a congressional forum for the sustained study of the major issues affecting U.S.-Japan relations, and focuses on increasing opportunities for Members of Congress to meet with their counterparts in the Japanese Diet for frank discussions about key subjects of mutual concern.
The Congressional Study Group on Turkey is an educational forum for dialogue between U.S. and Turkish legislators and government officials that seeks to educate U.S. Members of Congress about the strategic relationship between the United States and Turkey and to engender increased cooperation between these two countries.
The Congressional Study Group on Europe is the Association’s newest international program. Together with the Diplomatic Advisory Council, an informal group of Ambassadors who serve as direct links to our strategic partners abroad, the Congressional Study Group on Europe expands the Association’s programmatic portfolio to address all issues pertinent to the greater transatlantic community.
Congressional Study Groups Events
- October 25th, 2016 FMC-CSGJ: 10/25 – Panel Discussion “2016 US Presidential Election and Democracy” (Sasakawa Peace Foundation, Tokyo)
- October 20th, 2016 Zen and the Art of Storytelling: The Hon. Jim McDermott
- October 19th, 2016 Press: WI State Journal – “How others view Wisconsin matters in a global economy”
- October 19th, 2016 CSGG/FMC: 10/19 – Elections Roundtable for Delegation from Bavaria
- October 18th, 2016 CSGT: 10/19-10/22 – 2016 Battleground Study Tour
- October 17th, 2016 CSGJ: 10/17 – H.E. Masao Uchibori, Governor of Fukushima Prefecture
- October 11th, 2016 CSGJ/FMC: 10/11 – One Month to Go: US Presidential Election Panel for the visiting Japanese editorial writers
- October 9th, 2016 CSGG: 10/9-10/13 – 2016 Battleground Study Tour
- October 6th, 2016 CSG/FMC: 10/6 – One Month to Go: 2016 Election Countdown Panel with Former Members of Congress (on-the-record)
- September 30th, 2016 Connie Morella honored with Order of the Rising Sun by Emperor of Japan