CSGG: Oct. 11-17 – Sr. Congressional Staff Study Tour to Berlin and Munich
For over a decade, The Congressional Study Group on Germany has led Senior Congressional Staff Study Tours to Germany. Unlike in previous years, the 2014 Study Tour is organized as a education and cultural exchange program on behalf of the German Federal Foreign Office, in accordance with Section 108A of the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961 (“MECEA”). Therefore, the 2014 Senior Congressional Staff Study Tours are wholly funded by the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The program for the 2014 Study Tours follows the same successful Study Group model. Our delegation will meet with lawmakers, academics, and business representatives in Berlin and Brussels to discuss the changing transatlantic political and economic landscape with special focus on:
- Rebuilding transatlantic trust after the NSA surveillance affair,
- the future of European Union after the May 25th Parliament Elections,
- economic/trade outlook and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP),
- regional security and foreign policy cooperation (Russia, China, and the future of NATO),
- and energy policy, including Germany’s ongoing nuclear phase out and the U.S. energy revolution.
As always, this program also exposes participants first-hand to an overview of German domestic politics.
Photos are available on the slideshow below or on our Flickr page.=