43rd Annual USAFMC Meeting: May 14 – May 16
Please click here for pictures from the 43rd Annual USAFMC Meeting on May 14 – May 16
**Bus transportation will be provided between locations on May 15
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
- 6:30-8:00 p.m. Welcome Reception, Statuary Hall, U.S. Capitol Building
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. Coffee Reception, The Speaker’s Room (H-122), U.S. Capitol Building
- 8:00 – 8:30 a.m. Welcome by Association President, Connie Morella, Chamber of the House of Representatives
- 8:30 – 8:45 a.m. Presentation of the 43nd Distinguished Service Award: Secretary Ray LaHood, Chamber of the House of Representatives
- 8:45 – 9:30 a.m. Presentation of the 43nd Annual Report to Congress, Chamber of the House of Representatives
- 9:45 a.m. Meet Bus to transport to George Washington University
- 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.** Breaux Symposium at George Washington University:
“Making Congress Work, A Guide for Senators, Representatives and Citizens”
City View Room 7th Floor, George Washington University (1957 E Street, NW)
The goal of the conference is to bring together former Members of Congress, issue experts, and university students to discuss how to make Congress work. There will be an opening panel led by Sen. John Breaux and including former Senate Majority Leaders Trent Lott (R-MS) and Tom Daschle (D-SD), Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-AR), former Member Mickey Edward (R-OK), former Member Mark Kennedy(R-MN) and former Member Norm Dicks (D-WA). The opening panel will be followed by 5 breakout sessions led by a moderator and designed to incorporate the contributions of our membership. The goal of the conference is to put together a publication that can be disseminated to all current Members elected to the next Congress.
** Lunch and Dinner will be provided during the Symposium**
- 6:15 p.m. Meet Bus to transport to the National Archives
- 7:00 p.m. Panel Discussion at National Archives: “Congress and the White House, Working Together or Not Working at all?” McGowan Theater, National Archives, (Please enter through the Special Events entrance at 7th Street and Constitution Avenue) Moderator: Peter Cook, Bloomberg TV Confirmed panelists: Vic Fazio (D-CA), Steve LaTourette (R-OH), Blanche Lincoln (D-AR), Larry Pressler (R-SD).
Thursday, May 16, 2013
- 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. Working breakfast hosted by Fix The Debt for former Members interested in learning more about that organization’s activities. Since this is not an event organized by the Former Members Association, we ask you to RSVP directly to Christine Brennan Brennan@fixthedebt.org.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU CAN ATTEND ANY OF THE EVENTS; firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to download the rsvp form for our annual meeting events.