July 16th- 2014 FMC Annual Meeting
To see photos from the 44th Annual meeting please click here.
Schedule for the 2014 Annual Meeting.
7:00am -8:00am Coffee with FMs H-137
8:00am Presentation of FMC Annual Report on the House floor
9:30am-6:00pm CRS Centennial Conference-
Coolidge Auditorium, Thomas Jefferson Building, Library of CongressThe First Branch: Challenges of Governance in a Global Era
9:00- 10:15am- Opening Remarks: Dr Billington, Librarian of Congress; Ms. Mary Mazanec, Director of CRS and Connie Morella, immediate Past President of FMC.
10:15-11:30am- How Congress functions: Perspectives and Observations
- The Honorable Dan Lungren, Former Representative from California
- The Honorable Trent Lott, Former United States Senator from Mississippi
- The Honorable Dave Obey, Former Representative from Wisconsin
- The Honorable Paul Sarbanes, Former United States Senator from Maryland
- Walter Oleszek, Senior Specialist in American National Government, CRS
11:45 -12:45pm- Order and Disorder in an Interconnected World: The Arab Spring
- The Honorable Howard Berman, Former Representative from California
- The Honorable Richard Lugar, Former United States Senator from Indiana
- The Honorable Lee hamilton, Former Representative from Indian
- Jeremy Sharp, Specialist in Middle Eastern Affairs, CRS
12:45-2:00pm VIP Luncheon and FMC Distinguished Service Award Ceremony:
Honoring Lee Hamilton
2:00-3:15pm- America’s Place in the Global Economy: What’s Next?
- The Honorable Zack Wamp, Former Representative from Tennessee
- The Honorable Kit Bond, Former United States Senator from Missouri
- The Honorable Bart Gordon, Former Representative from Tennessee
- Peter Orszag, Vice Chairman, Citigroup and former Director of OMB and CBO
- Marc Labonte, Specialist in Macroeconomic Policy, CRS
3:30-4:30pm Demography as Distiny: Implications of Aging for the U.S.
- The Honorable Melissa Hart, Former Representative from Pennsylvania
- The Honorable Barbara Kennelly, Former Representative from Connecticut
- William H. Frey, Senior Fellow Metropolitan Policy Program, The Brookings Institution
- Sharmila Choudhury, Section Research Manager, Income Security Section, CRS
4:45-6:00pm- Objective Analysis and Legislative Power: CRS, Congress and the Future
- The Honorable Dennis Hastert, Former Speaker of the House and Representative from Illinois
6:30-8:00pm Reception and Exhibit-Great Hall of the Library Of Congress
Please contact Sharon Witiw to RSVP by phone at 202-507-4847 , to register on line click here or email Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org We would like to thank the Congressional Federal Credit Union for it’s support for for the Annual Meeting. Please visit the FMC page on their website for details on how Congressional Federal Credit Union can support you.